Every election brings new members of Congress to Washington, D.C. It is safe to say that the great majority did not fully understand the natural products industry.
We need to educate new—and many of the veteran—members of Congress so they understand our industry when they are called upon to make decisions that impact us. Ideally, you can develop a relationship with your lawmakers so they know where to turn when issues affecting you arise.
Here's how you can help:
- Write: Tell Congress about your business, and the government policies that can have a major impact on your bottom line.
- Invite: Arrange for your elected officials to visit your business or invite them to speak at a local industry event.
- Visit: Visit with your lawmaker at home or in Washington at NPA’s annual Natural Products Day, held each spring.
- Learn: Educate yourself on your elected officials and their positions.
- Vote: Exercise your right to vote and encourage your staff and customers to do the same.